All Concept 7™ programs are built around the seven concepts of Rescue, Recognition, Relationship, Responsibility, Respect, Resolution, and Renewal. Concept 7™’s continuum of care now includes the following.
- Foster Care Program – Concept 7™ offers a full range of therapeutic and support-related foster care services for boys and girls of all ages. The majority of children placed with Concept 7™ have been removed from their family of origin due to abuse and/or neglect; are generally regarded as having moderate to severe emotional and behavioral issues; and are referred from children service agencies throughout southern California, including Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange and San Diego Counties. Concept 7™ carefully assesses each child prior to placement to ensure that children and foster families are expertly matched. Additionally, Concept 7™ staff make every attempt to place and keep siblings together.
- Adoption Program – The Concept 7™ Adoption Program offers support and guidance for prospective foster/adoptive parents who wish to pursue the adoption of a child (or children) through the foster care system. This program facilitates adoptions for persons willing to open their hearts and homes to the creation of a “forever family”. Adoption offers nurturance, stability, and permanency to children who often linger in foster care. Prior to the finalization of the adoption, sufficient time is provided for prospective adoptive parents and prospective adoptive children to develop a trusting relationship. Children of all ages and backgrounds are available for adoption and the adoptions are completed without cost. Candidates for adoptive parents include married couples, single individuals, older persons, members of the LGBT community, and persons from all socioeconomic statuses.
- Support Services – Concept 7™ supports caretakers with services including 24 hour emergency support by phone, development of individualized treatment plans including goals and objectives for the children as well as the foster families caring for them, assistance with implementation and evaluation of these treatment plans and accessing of services to help the children achieve their goals, behavior modification support, and assistance in accessing community resources such as tutoring or homework assistance. Transportation assistance may be available to help facilitate medical, dental, therapeutic and court appointments. Concept 7™ will also assist foster families in facilitating contact with the children’s natural family and may provide monitored visitation and/or transportation services to help foster children and their natural families ease the process out of foster care and into reunification.
- After Care – After Care builds on the above to support foster children and their natural families with case management, counseling, and supportive services after youth have returned home from foster care placements.
- Additional Programming – Concept 7™ also offers a variety of supplemental programs, including an annual Scholarship Program, numerous special events for its foster care community, etc.